Head Of Compliance & MLRO
As Head of Compliance and MLRO you’ll be responsible for the regulatory and compliance approval and framework implementation for the Gibraltar entities.
You will provide guidance to the business from a regulatory and compliance perspective, positioning the business as a leader in the market and helping share product delivery & development within the regulatory framework. You will also own all regulatory policies and reporting relating to Gibraltar and, as a member of the firm’s Senior Leadership Team, work closely with the Board of Directors as the business continues to build in Gibraltar.
• Act as an Approved Person with the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission.
• Develop and maintain the firm’s AML and CTF policy in line with evolving statutory, regulatory obligations and the Global Compliance strategy.
• Support and co-ordinate management focus on the money laundering risk in individual business areas.
• Establish and maintain appropriate risk-based monitoring processes that are proportionate to the scale, nature and complexity of the firm’s operations.
• Manage and lead the compliance and onboarding / client services team and drive the development of the team in line with the execution of the firm’s business requirements and strategy.
• Ensure all internal suspicious activity reports received are investigated without delay.
• Regularly review the effectiveness of money laundering compliance policies and procedures to prevent money laundering and counter the financing of terrorism.
• Provide management information to the firm as necessary including an Annual Report for the firm’s Board and senior management on the firm’s compliance with its obligations, as well as regular reports for the Board on compliance matters and progress on projects.
• Represent the firm to all relevant external agencies e.g. regulators or law enforcement agencies.
• Manage any other third-party enquiries in relation to money laundering prevention, investigations, or compliance.
• Promptly respond to any reasonable request for information from the regulator and/or law enforcement agencies.
• Determine, develop and execute a management and leadership framework for the compliance function so that it drives value for the business, both in risk-management and business-development terms.
• An ability to operate as a key member of an international team and Senior Leadership Team.
• Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills – proven ability to advise colleagues and functional levels around the implication of compliance matters in an appropriately focused manner.
• Proven experience as senior-level compliance or financial crime compliance professional, preferably having operated as an MLRO.
• Proven track record of working in Financial Services.
• Proven experience in building working relationships with the GFSC and law enforcement agencies.
• Experience in filing regulatory reports and dealing with queries from Regulators.
• Ability to successfully manage multiple projects concurrently.
• An analytical mind able to understand the complexities of procedures and regulations but be adept at translating the implications of these to colleagues in a manner that supports implementation and optimized execution of business decisions.
• A track record in the development of compliance processes in financial services regulated products and services.
• An ability to work to short timelines in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• A willingness to travel (including overseas if required) – mainly the UK at present.
Apply for this Role:
Marketing Operations Manager
RecruitBlock is recruiting a Marketing Operations Manager for a global company that simplifies crypto. It is the mission of this trailblazer to make it as easy to use crypto as ecommerce today. 🚀 Hiring Company – An international listed...
Corporate Relationship Manager
RecruitBlock is recruiting for a Corporate Relationship Manager (Banking) for a leading Gibraltar regulated challenger bank with a proven track record in e-money solutions. It’s an exciting time to be a part of this new phase of growth with...
RecruitBlock is recruiting for a Compliance Officer for one of the leading international providers of professional business services in Gibraltar. This Gibraltar based company provides a range of professional and financial services including...
RecruitBlock is recruiting for a Legal Secretary for Gibraltar’s leading financial services company. With its friendly team of sector experts, this company provides a range of financial and professional services including company management,...
Group Management Accountant
RecruitBlock is recruiting for a Group Management Accountant for Gibraltar’s leading financial services company. With its friendly team of sector experts, this company provides a range of financial services including company management, trust,...
RecruitBlock is recruiting a Crypto Broker for an established Crypto / Bitcoin brokerage operating for nearly 10 years. They are seeking a Crypto Broker for their Gibraltar business, which is regulated by the GFSC. 🚀 Hiring Company –...
RecruitBlock is recruiting for an Accountant vacancy in Gibraltar. We’re supporting the recruitment and finance teams’ accelerated growth, delivering timely, efficient financial advice and management to the companies’ wider global web3...
RecruitBlock is recruiting for an Accountant vacancy in London. We’re supporting the recruitment and finance teams’ accelerated growth, delivering timely, efficient financial advice and management to the companies’ wider global web3...